K-12 Related Activities
Research Experience for Teachers (RET) Projects at NJIT- Summer 2007
CAMP PHARMA for High School Teachers at NJIT- Summer 2007*
* For questions or request of background, experimental procedures and project ideas, please complete the request form
American Chemical Society Project SEED Program
- Kimmel, H.S., Hirsch, L., Simon, L. Burr-Alexander, L. and Dave, R. (2008), Implementing concepts of Pharmaceutical Engineering into High School classrooms, AIChE Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, Nov 16-21, 2008, Ref. Number: 230a.
- Simon, L., Armenante, P.M., Dave, R.N. (2007), Camp Pharma: A novel initiative to generate a pipeline of diverse student talents in pharmaceutical manufacturing, Spring 2007 ASEE Mid-Atlantic Section Conference, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, April 11.
- Simon, L., Dave, R.N. and Armenante, P.M. (2007), Pharmaceutical Engineering: Education, research and collaboration opportunities for High School science teachers, JETS TEAMS Competition, Newark, NJ, March 12.
- Khokhar, I., Aloia, M. (Teacher), Simon, L. (Mentor) (2007), A study of dissolution and diffusion as fundamental mechanisms in the pharmaceutical industry, ACS Project SEED poster session, 234rth ACS National Meeting, Boston, MA, August 19-23.
- Khokhar, I., Aloia, M. (Teacher), Simon, L. (Mentor) (2007), A study of dissolution and diffusion as fundamental mechanisms in the pharmaceutical industry, Project SEED Poster Session, Seton Hall Univerisity, NJ, September 24. Ibrahim was awarded first place at the science fair.